AdvicePay Inc. Privacy Statement
Effective Date: July 2, 2020
Information We Collect
AdvicePay collects and receives information in various ways including personal data and cookie data.
Personal data means data about an individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). The Company defines data in six categories:
- Contact Data – When registering for the Services, or expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services, the Company may require you to provide personal contact information, such as name, company name, phone number, and email address (“Contact Data”).
- Billing Information – When purchasing the Services, the Company requires you to provide financial qualifications and billing information, such as social security number, tax id, credit card number, or account number (“Billing Information”). Billing information is securely transmitted directly to the Third Party Application Services provider for processing. The Company does not store or process Billing Information.
- Billing History – When processing billing of services for the Customer, the Company stores history information such as date of billing and amount of billing (“Billing History”).
- Client Information – When the Customer’s clients (the “Clients”) signup for the Services, the Company requires the Client to provide their name and email address (“Client Information”).
- Client Payment Information – When the Clients submit payment for processing, the Company requires the Client to provide credit card or account number for payment processing purposes. Client Payment Information is transmitted directly to the Third Party Application Services provider for processing. The Company does not store or process Client Payment Information.
- Client Payment History – When processing payments from the Client to the Customer, the Company stores payment history such as date of payment and amount of payment (“Client Payment History”)
Contact Data, Billing Information, and Billing History together are referred to collectively as “Data About Customers”. Client Information, Client Payment Information, and Client Payment History together are referred to collectively as “Data About Clients”.
Use of Data Collected
The Company uses Data About Customers and Data About Clients to perform the requested services on behalf of the Customer and the Client. For example, the company uses Data About Clients to perform payment processing services on behalf of the Customer and the Client. In another example, if you fill out a Web form so that the Company may contact you, the Company will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the Services. The Company may also use Contact Data for promotional or marketing purposes. For example, the Company may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding the Company and its partners, such as information about promotions or events.
Sharing of Data
The Company retains Contact Data and Client Information for as long as the Company provides the Services to a Customer or Client. The Company may retain Contact Data and Client Information as necessary for regulatory compliance even if the Customer or Client closes their account. AdvicePay retains Billing Information specifically to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
Customers and Clients may update or change their registration information by editing their user or organization record. You can update your information on the accounts page. For additional information not accessible from the accounts page, you can make a request to AdvicePay Support. Requests to access, change, or delete this information will be handled within 30 days unless otherwise noted.
Customer and Client Rights
Customers and Clients have the right to know about personal data collected, right to delete personal data, right to opt-out, and the right not be discriminated against.
- Your Right To Know: A Customer or Client may request the following information about the personal data we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- The categories of personal data (Contact Data, Billing Information, Billing History, Client Information, Client Payment Information, Client Payment History) we collected for the purposes of providing the Services
- The sources from which we collected Data About Customers or Data About Clients for business purposes
- The business purpose for which the Company collected the Data About Customers or Data About Clients
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared Data About Customers or Data About Clients for business purposes
- Right to Delete: The Personal Data that AdvicePay collects as part of the Services is required in order to provide the Services. You have the right to request this information be deleted but this will require the deletion of your account and your access to the Service.
- Right To Opt-Out From Sale of Data: AdvicePay does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information provided with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes and will not do so without providing a mechanism for opting out.
- Non-discrimination: AdvicePay will not discriminate against a Customer or Client for exercising these rights.
To submit an inquiry regarding your Customer or Client rights described above please Contact Us. The Company will require you to verify your identity before responding to your inquiry by verifying your email. The Company will provide a response to your inquiry within 30 days of submission unless otherwise noted.
AdvicePay uses Adwords and Remarketing Lists features of Google Analytics for marketing purposes. AdvicePay and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site. This means that vendors including Google will display AdvicePay promotional material on other sites you visit across the internet.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
Website Cookie Data
Cookies are used to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed, and information about your browser and device. For integrations with third parties session tokens are stored within cookies.
Third Parties Service Providers
Third-Party Application Services
AdvicePay enables its Customers to use “Third-Party Application Services” as part of the AdvicePay Services. When the Customer or Client shares information with these Third-Party Application Services, the privacy statement of the third party applies.
Third-Party Hosting Services
AdvicePay engages with certain third-party services and solutions providers for cloud hosting services (“Third Party Hosting Services”). These Third-Party Hosting Services provide services including but not limited to email, data storage, CRM, marketing, or communication. AdvicePay enters into legally binding agreements with Third-Party Hosting Services as well as performing annual vendor management due diligence of those Third Party Hosting Services.
AdvicePay’s Web sites may contain links to other Web sites. The information practices or content of such other Web sites is governed by the privacy statements of such other Web sites.
Communication Preferences and Opting Out
AdvicePay offers Customers, Clients, and Visitors who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Company’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to the email address indicated in Company’s term of use. Customers and Clients cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with AdvicePay or the Services.
AdvicePay Services are not available to advisers under the age of eighteen (18), and therefore the Company restricts the collection of Data About Customers that are under the age of eighteen as part of the Services. Clients under the age of eighteen (18) are not allowed to enter into an advisory agreement with an advisor (Customer) and therefore the AdvicePay does not provide services to Clients under the age of eighteen (18).
AdvicePay takes the security of customer data seriously. AdvicePay implements the appropriate measures based on the sensitivity of Customer and Client information that the Company collects, stores, and processes. No information system is impenetrable and therefore AdvicePay cannot guarantee 100% security of data during transmission and storage. If you believe that your AdvicePay account has been compromised or if your personal data has been compromised outside of AdvicePay please Contact Us immediately.
AdvicePay does not provide the Services outside of the United States.
AdvicePay reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement. AdvicePay will provide notification of the material changes to this Privacy Statement through the Company’s Web sites at least thirty (30) business days prior to the change taking effect.
24 E. Main St.
Bozeman, MT 59715